Christianity around the Sea of Galilee and other sites from Bronze age until Islamic period.
Monday, January 30, 2023:
A study seminar of tours and lectures for tour guides with Yisca Harani and Dr. Georg Röwekamp.
The seminar will be based in the Pilgrim House of Tabgha
Monday, January 30:
9:30 h Arrival to Pilgerhaus Tabgha. Registration (Arrive on your own, there will be no arranged transportation)
10.00 h Tour to Khirbet al-Minya and Tel Kinrot (G.R. / Y.H.)
12.30 h Tour the Church of the multiplication, Beit Noah, Dalmanuta and the surroundings (G.R. / Y.H.).
Picnic lunch on your own
16.00 h Lecture: “The History of the Holy Land in a nutshell: introducing the new mini museum at Pilgerhaus Tabgha (G.R.)
17:15 h Lecture: Introduction to the Christian/Benedictine Liturgy of the Hours - With special consideration of its Jewish Origins” (G.R. / Y.H.)
18.00 h Possibility to join the Evening Prayer / Vespers in the Church of the Multiplication.
19.00 h Dinner (bring your own or reserve by prepayment in the Pilgerhous)
20.15 h Lecture: Reading the Miracles in Biblical context (Y.H.)
* Price of the study day, including the new Tabgha booklet – 150 NIS.
100 NIS through this link https://www.yiscaharani.com/event-details/ and 50 in cash on site.
* The price does not include transportation. Arrive and travel in private vehicles (try to join cars).
* The study day does not count for the Ministry of tourism license renewal.
* Bring your own food for the day. Free coffee, tea and cookies will be available. * You can order dinner for 50 shekels in the Pilgerhouse
* The program is "eat as much as you can"… there is plenty to see, hear and learn. You can choose to leave earlier but be mindful of the late ending of the program.
See you in Tabgha!
Pilgerhaus Tabgha offers a reduced rate for participants who want to stay in the guesthouse:
450 Shekels per person in a double room including dinner and breakfast,
600 Shekels per person in a single room including dinner and breakfast
For the guesthouse reservations please fill your details in this form